Leadership Shawnee is a leadership development program designed to provide community leaders with a deeper understanding of the critical issues affecting the greater Shawnee area. The program is based on the belief that knowledge of community and accompanying areas of need are the prime motivators of leadership.
Participants receive in-depth exposure to the critical issues facing the community through lectures, discussion groups, on-site visits, simulations and other leadership development activities. Participants have the opportunity to meet key community leaders. The program enables participants to develop their leadership capacities and build strong relationships.
This year we had twenty-seven amazing people from the Shawnee region who work for Shawnee Forward members. We truly believe that these individuals are the future of Shawnee and the connections they have made during their time in Leadership Shawnee will be a powerful force upon the growth and development of our business community…and by extension, our community at large.
Congratulations to all this year’s graduates. You have done incredible work this past year. Each year the Leadership Shawnee Class takes on a class project. This past year the class sought to improve educational outcomes by improving hygiene in 7th grade students in schools in Pottawatomie County. The project was entitled “Fresh Body, Fresh Mind.” Please join us in congratulating these individuals:
- Charlotte Birchette, Gordon Cooper Technology Center
- Rebecca Blaine, City of Shawnee
- Sheena Blitch, Xpress Wellness Urgent Care
- Cathy Broome, SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital
- Jarroll Burlew, First National Bank & Trust Co.
- Misti Campbell, BancFirst
- Shaun Copelin
- Lori Cummins, Grand Casino Hotel & Resort
- Jeremy Davidson, Shawnee Forward and Mission in Motion Design
- Ashton Dunsworth, Steve’s Body Shop
- Catina Elliot, Primrose Retirement Community
- Rodney Foster, City of Shawnee Fire Department
- Mackenna Heath, Shawnee Milling
- Josh Lawing, Vyve Business Broadband
- Danielle Mason-Rains, Gateway to Prevention and Recovery
- Misti Moss, South Central Industries
- Brian Nave, Arvest Bank
- Cheyenne Pettigrew, AVEDIS Foundation
- Clarence Prevost, Gordon Cooper Technology Center
- Nikki Rieves, Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Calyn Russ, Hearing Health Care, Inc
- Matthew Salter, Shawnee Milling
- Shalla Strider, Pioneer Library System
- Brandon Sullivan
- Nicole Tolbert, Primrose Retirement Community
- Brooke Webb, BancFirst
- Lonnie Williams, UPS Store
- Tiffany Yarbrough, Legacy Parenting Center