📢📢 SHAWNEE FORWARD JOB FAIR 📢📢
South Central Industries
Currently Higing Opportunity: Administrative/Accounting & Sales Assistant
South Central Industries provides vocational training and occupational opportunities to over fifty individuals with developmental disabilities. Two group homes are located on the South Central campus that provide housing for twelve of these individuals. South Central’s job offerings include city beautification, janitorial, lawn care, pallet construction and product sales. Volunteer opportunities are also available through the Community Market, SPAR and Meals on Wheels and self-enrichment programs through the Sr. Center and Blue Zones of Pottawatomie County. South Central strives to meet the vocational and residential needs, as well as, foster relationships and community outreach.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Answer telephone calls, greet and direct all visitors. First point of contact. Redirect calls to appropriate area.
2. Assist with customer orders and customer service.
3. Input customer orders into DDI from email, phone, fax, etc.
4. South Central Industries product expert. Follow up with customers on questions, complaints, problems etc.
5. Assist Sales Director with customer questions and needs. Work through issues before passing along to Director.
6. Assist Accounting Director with filing of invoices.
7. Maintain vehicle annual registration. (Work w/Accounting Director)
8. Maintain accounts receivable. Assure that customer payments are recorded in a timely manner and research any past due accounts/amounts.
9. Retrieve mail from company PO box daily. Take **ALL** SCI mail to PO box daily
10. Sort, post all mail daily, including payments. Distribute parcels to appropriate staff.
11. Record checks and run P-Cards
12. Assist with tasks and/or projects of ALL staff at 130 N. Louisa.
13. Prepare monthly levy reports and quarterly reports for State Use – BACKUP
14. Mileage reporting & billing, Litter reporting & billing
15. Submit supplier/vendor orders in a timely manner and utilize relevant product order portals via on-line or email – BACKUP
16. Credit Card reconciliations – BACKUP
17. Conduct company errands on an as needed basis
Candidates for this position must be at least 18 years of age and have a combination of education and experience necessary to meet the expectation required and the responsibilities as outlined.
Leadership, Change Management and Personal Effectiveness
– Demonstrates ability to proactively identify, diagnose and creatively resolve problems
– Demonstrates the ability to use effective communication skills
– Demonstrates compliance to confidentiality/privacy standards as required by the agency and law
– Demonstrate a strong self-initiative and self-motivation
– Demonstrates effective time, organizational and prioritization skills
– Demonstrates team skills and respects differences
For more information contact:
Learn more about South Central Industries at:
Sponsored by Shawnee Jobs
Contact Shawnee Forward Marketing and Events Director Jeremy Davidson at firstname.lastname@example.org to connect your business with the Shawnee Forward Virtual Job Fair. Complete the registration form at https://bit.ly/2wSrulJ to participate.
Contact Shawnee Forward Membership Director Lindie VanAntwerp at email@example.com to become a member of the Shawnee Forward Business Alliance and learn more about membership benefits like the Shawnee Forward Virtual Job Fair.
#shawnee #shawneeforward #shawneeproud