Job Title: Economic Development Lead
Shawnee Forward exists to lead and empower a diverse community through collaborative economic growth, workforce development, and educational enrichment, to improve the quality of life and opportunities for the greater Shawnee area.
POSITION TITLE: Economic Development Lead
REPORTS TO: CEO, Shawnee Forward
**Applications should be emailed to email@example.com. **
The position is responsible for leading efforts to proactively engage with and serve existing employers to encourage both incremental business expansion (job growth and capital investment) and active involvement with Shawnee Forward.
The Lead supports all aspects of recruiting and attracting new business (retail, industrial and manufacturing) to Shawnee.
The Lead is responsible for connecting employers with various resources, information and/or partners who can provide needed solutions or support. The 5 key goals of the Lead are to:
1. Take a leadership role in Shawnee Forward’s business development (recruitment) strategy.
2. Prepare proposals for prospects and their consultants and develop follow-up/itineraries for visits to region.
3. Increase median wages of Shawnee area.
4. Work with the Shawnee manufacturing base, businesses and retailers and stay abreast of organizational developments and needs.
5. Support the CEO as deemed necessary when the organization and community needs evolve.
– Must be able to travel independently. Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license are required. High amount of mobility is necessary. Extensive travel may be required.
– Position requires a professional, diplomatic demeanor and exceptional relationship-building and meeting management skills.
– The ability to listen and understand information and ideas and the ability to communicate that information and ideas so others understand.
– Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive business and government decisions.
– Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
– Position requires use of telephone so the ability to speak clearly and hear telephone conversations is necessary.
– Research, analytic and project management skills.
– Demonstrated ability to successfully handle a multitude of projects and demands simultaneously. Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
– Position requires extended periods of time sitting at a desk while utilizing a computer keyboard, mouse and monitor; driving to event locations; and walking/standing in tradeshow or event setting.
– Position requires extended period of time sitting at a desk while utilizing a computer keyboard, mouse and monitor.
– Must be able to lift 35 pounds and move for distances for purposes of setting up booths, exhibits, etc. at trade shows.
– Serve as a primary point of contact between the existing primary business community, Shawnee Forward and other existing business resources.
– Serve as an internal resource and subject matter expert related to business expansion opportunities.
– Coordinate events, outreach initiatives, and company engagements that support the growth of the region’s targeted industries.
– Conduct on-going primary business engagement including setting one-on-one meetings and surveying key businesses to understand and respond to business opportunities and concerns.
– Serve as a project manager for existing primary business expansion projects as they work to add jobs, investment, product lines and compete for external investment.
– Manage existing Shawnee Forward workforce programming as directed by the CEO. Programming can include but is not limited to:
– Intern programs such as ICAP and OEIP
– Classroom Partners
– Workforce Committee(s)
– Support the Shawnee Forward workforce and talent programming including supporting the Marketing and Events Director in the launching and long-term sustainment of talent consortiums, beta programs, etc.
– Utilize all software tools and related surveys for tracking engagement with company contacts, overall data collection and subsequent reports on visits.
– Compile and provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports on existing business activity. Track efforts and provide data for use in measuring program impact.
– Actively participate in the Greater Oklahoma City Regional Partnership
– Use statewide network and resources to gather best practices in existing business support (including workforce and talent programming) as assigned/deemed appropriate by the CEO.
– Organize and participate in call trips and community visits outside the region to market and assess Shawnee opportunities for new investment.
– Partner with the Marketing team to create materials and manage initiatives needed to support business recruitment and expansion efforts.
– Build relationships with key local industry executives, City leadership, County leadership and all elected officials
– Assist in the assessment, development and promotion of land and building sites throughout the region to support the location of new businesses
– Understand and communicate State and local incentives and when their use is appropriate.
– Utilize electronic online CRM system to track work and progress toward division/individual metrics. Work with team to provide activity reports as needed.
– Support all of the Shawnee Forward’s Program of Work key goals as assigned
– Develop relationships with key service providers that support the region’s economic and community development.
– Assist in writing the annual economic Development contract review proposal document and supply all supporting documentation of the annual work.
– Manage special projects/duties for Economic Development Division as necessary.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
– College degree in business, construction, financial services, and/or or equivalent job experience in related sales, recruitment and/or economic development positions.
– Effective oral and written communication skills, presentation and meeting management skills; ability to engage companies both large and small and gain access to senior level executives and present yourself in a professional knowledgeable manner.
– Three or more years’ experience in relevant business setting, economic development organization or related field.
– Online research, analysis and computer skills. Understanding of economic and demographic data sets is preferred.
– Sound judgment and mature proactive attitude required with proven ability to close deals through solid sales and project management.
– Computer skills required include google suite, database management and cloud storage.
– Proven track record of effective project management and use of a CRM system.
– Must be a self-starter able to work with a minimum amount of supervision and within a defined organizational structure. Flexible hours and travel required.
_The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, the level of knowledge and skills typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. This document describes the position currently available. It is not an employment contract. Shawnee Forward reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time._
For more information contact:
☎️ (405) 273-6092
Learn more about Shawnee Forward at:
Sponsored by Shawnee Jobs
Contact Shawnee Forward Marketing Director Jeremy Davidson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (405) 273-6092 to connect your business with the Shawnee Forward Job Board or to learn more about Shawnee Forward membership. Complete the registration form at https://bit.ly/2wSrulJ to post your positions with the Shawnee Forward Job Board.
#shawnee #shawneeforward #shawneeproud