On May 17, Governor Kevin Stitt announced the start of a new Back to Work Initiative to
address the recent labor shortage and foster economic recovery. The first 20,000 Oklahomans
with an active and eligible unemployment claim for one of the first two weeks in May (May 2-15,
2021) who accept a job position in the state of Oklahoma and work six consecutive weeks are
eligible to receive a $1,200 back to work incentive.
Who is eligible?
The first 20,000 Oklahomas who meet the following criteria are eligible for the back to work incentive, a one-time $1,200 bonus payment:
- You had ad active unemployment claim, with an eligible weekly certification filed for at least one of the first two weeks in May (May 2-15, 2021).
- You accept an offer of employment in the state of Oklahoma, and work at least 32 hours per week for at least six consecutive week between May 16, 2021 and September 4, 2021.
- To meet the 32 hours per week requirement, you must have worked full-time with one employer or worked part-time for two employers for a combined 32 hours or more per week.
- Employers worked for must pay into the Unemployment Insurance Trust Fund or have a FEIN
- You can provide a valid paycheck stub for proof of employment between May 16, 2021 – September 4, 2021.
How to apply?
Individuals can apply for the back to work incentive by visiting OESC’s website at
https://oklahoma.gov/oesc/individuals.html and clicking the “Apply for Back to Work Initiative”
Additional information, including a link to the Governor’s Executive Order covering this initiative,
answers to frequently asked questions and tips on completing the application can also be found
at the link above.
This article first appeared on https://oklahoma.gov.