KSNL Aero has built something very special at the Shawnee Municipal Airport. Several weeks ago we had the opportunity to visit new Shawnee Forward member KSNL Aero at the Shawnee Municipal Airport. After opening the large 100′ wide by 50′ tall door, we took a tour of the facility, looked over an engine they had recently finished work on, watched them start up the plane for a series of diagnostic tests, and Owner Darrin Lofton walked me through all the local vendors he used to build the hanger for this FAA Licensed Part 145 Repair Station here in Shawnee.
While listening to Darrin list off the companies and individuals we thought this would be a great way to highlight our business community and the services provided right here in the Shawnee area.
- Landrun Engineering – Surveying, Engineering and Architecture
- Indaco Metals – Engineering
- Indaco Metals – Hangar building materials
- City of Shawnee Water Department – helped with locating old water lines from World War 2 Era.
- City of Shawnee Planning Department – Jerod Cooper was a huge help with permits.
- Joseph Klein- Local red iron worker who was building the businesses down Kickapoo street when I found him. He helped erect the building and add the outside sheets.
- Air Force One – Local Heat and Air Company helped me to install a like new $60,000 Heating Unit that I found on Shawnee Craigslist for $3,000, large enough to heat the entire 26,000 sqft hangar. They also installed the mini split heat and air units that I purchased for the office areas.
- Klassic Tap LLC – Dug the hole and tapped the $140,000 sprinkler system into the city water line.
- Winkler Door Company – Sold and installed our inner Tool Room roll up garage door.
- Mission in Motion – Developed our website.
- Complete Plumbing – Installed the water and sewer lines for the restrooms and break room.
- Dolese Concrete Company – Poured the entire shop floor.
- Van Eaton Concrete Company – Poured the footer for the hangar and the offices.
- Wilson Electric – Wired the entire hangar, installed the LED Lights, the hangar door wiring and rigged the hangar door motors and pulleys to run in sequence.
- Ferguson and Construction LLC – Put up office walls and sheetrock
- Gordon Cooper Technology Center – Students helped with sheetrock and paint in the offices.
That is quite a list…and I am sure that there are more to thank. Everything you need right here in Shawnee. Now that you have come to the end of the article hop over to LinkedIn and connect with Darrin Lofton and KSNL Aero.