Job Title: Executive Assistant
Shawnee Forward exists to lead and empower a diverse community through collaborative economic growth, workforce development, and educational enrichment, to improve the quality of life and opportunities for the greater Shawnee area.
Executive Assistants (EA) are responsible for more than just administrative duties. The EA may be asked to filter and prioritize client visits or phone calls, manage the schedules of busy executives and communicate on behalf of the executives they support. Other responsibilities include:
– Providing administrative assistance, such as writing and editing emails, drafting memos, and preparing communications on behalf of the CEO and staff as needed
– Maintaining comprehensive and accurate corporate records, documents and reports and the filing of such documents
– Performing minor accounting and bookkeeping duties within Quickbooks
– Organizing meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders and organizing catering when necessary
– Positively answering incoming phone calls in a polite and professional manner and accurately taking messages and/or routing calls
– Welcoming visitors and identifying the purpose of their visit before directing them to the appropriate department
– Assisting in the management of the executive’s day-to-day calendar
– Maintain reminder schedule for regularly scheduled events, bills, and meetings
– Coordinating travel arrangements (both internal and external professionals) and create trip itineraries
– Fluently and efficiently using Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to prepare reports and/or special projects
– Preparing space for monthly board meetings, other executive meetings as necessary and file necessary paperwork for Open Meetings compliance
– Arrange or prepare food and beverages for meetings and events
– Complete expense reports, open and process incoming and outbound mail
– Record and post meeting minutes for monthly board meetings as well as other meetings upon request
– Unlock and prepare the building for daily use
– Disinfect and maintain a clean working environment
– Support other staff members as needed
– Other duties as assigned
## **Executive Assistant Skills and Qualifications**
Effective Executive Assistant candidates should demonstrate these particular skills and qualifications.
– Time management and ability to meet deadlines
– Exceptional attention to detail
– 2-5 years of administrative assistant experience
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
– Problem-solving and decision making skills
– Ability to act as gatekeeper and escalate relevant information to executives as needed
– Skilled in the use of standard office equipment (e.g., copiers, business telephone systems, projectors, fax machines).
– Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Ability to treat confidential information with appropriate discretion
– Familiarity with Airtable, Gmail and Dropbox will be prioritized
## **Executive Assistant Salary Expectations**
The EA salary will depend on level of experience and qualifications. No health care benefits included.
**Executive Assistant Education and Training Requirements **
An associate degree in administrative assisting, certifications in Microsoft Office Suite, IAAP Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) or Quickbooks is preferred.
## **Hours **
The EA will be expected to work in the office from 7:30am to 3:30pm with one hour break from 11:30 – 12:30pm for lunch Monday – Friday.
Send resume, cover letter and 2 professional recommendations to [firstname.lastname@example.org](mailto:email@example.com)
This position posting will close December 17th, 2020.
For more information contact:
☎️ (405) 273-6092
Learn more about Shawnee Forward at:
Sponsored by Shawnee Jobs
Contact Shawnee Forward Marketing and Events Director Jeremy Davidson at firstname.lastname@example.org to connect your business with the Shawnee Forward Virtual Job Fair. Complete the registration form at https://bit.ly/2wSrulJ to participate.
Contact Shawnee Forward Membership Director Lindie VanAntwerp at email@example.com to become a member of the Shawnee Forward Business Alliance and learn more about membership benefits like the Shawnee Forward Virtual Job Fair.
#shawnee #shawneeforward #shawneeproud