Pioneer Library System-Shawnee
Job Title: Library Associate/Childrens Services Department
The Pioneer Library System serves Cleveland, McClain, and Pottawatomie counties.
There are twelve hometown libraries, one community place, six information stations, three 24-hour machines, and two book boxes available for your convenience.
**POSITION: ** Library Associate – Children’s Services
**BEGINNING SALARY:** Grade 8, Base ($3,040/mo)
**WORKING CONDITIONS:** Full time position, 40 hrs/wk. Must be available to work a flexible schedule which includes evenings and weekends, in addition up to two weeks of “Mandatory New Hire Orientation & Training” located at the Administrative Offices in Norman.
**APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED:** December 04 through December 13, 2020
Provides high level customer service to Pioneer Library System and Shawnee Public Library customers including children’s services, reference, reader’s advisory, programming, and outreach; has working knowledge in the operation of computers and standard office software products; performs other duties as assigned.
1\. Education and/or experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited college or university;
2. Three years relevant experience;
3. Experience working with children or early childhood education preferred;
4. Equivalent combination of technical training, education and/or experience may be considered;
5. Valid driver’s license.
2\. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Understands and performs basic functions and tasks of common software programs and email applications;
2. Uses and helps others use basic computer hardware;
3. Thorough knowledge of library circulation practices and procedures, children’s books, child development and education techniques as well as reader’s advisory and reference services and functions;
4. Demonstrated ability in working with children and children’s programming;
5. Skills in working with public, public speaking and conducting effective story times and other library programs;
6. Knowledge of office procedures, clerical work, skills in typing and filing;
7. Working knowledge in the operation of computers and office machines, and standard office software products, electronic resources, internet and database retrieval;
8. Strong skills in written and spoken business communications;
9. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs; retrieve and replace items from floor level to at least 5 1/2 feet in height;
10. Work a flexible schedule which will include evenings and weekends based on fluctuating branch/department demands.
Applications accepted through December 13, 2020. Résumé alone is not sufficient; completed application form is required. To apply for this position visit [www.pioneerlibrarysystem.org](http://www.pioneerlibrarysystem.org) – About Us, Jobs@PLS link at bottom of page.
For more information contact:
Learn more about Pioneer Library System Shawnee at:
Sponsored by Shawnee Jobs
Contact Shawnee Forward Marketing and Events Director Jeremy Davidson at firstname.lastname@example.org to connect your business with the Shawnee Forward Virtual Job Fair. Complete the registration form at https://bit.ly/2wSrulJ to participate.
Contact Shawnee Forward Membership Director Lindie VanAntwerp at email@example.com to become a member of the Shawnee Forward Business Alliance and learn more about membership benefits like the Shawnee Forward Virtual Job Fair.
#shawnee #shawneeforward #shawneeproud